About the Library
New Castle Public Library began as a subscription library in 1812.
In 1965 it moved from its location on 3rd Street (which is now a museum) to its current location on Delaware Street. The building reopened in 2010 after renovations and expansion were completed to meet the growing needs of the community.
The library offers audio, video, magazines, e-books, databases, and print materials for all ages. A specialized collection of New Castle history is also available for use within the library. Public access computers, and wireless access.
The library is supported by the enthusiastic New Castle Library Friends who plan fundraisers and an annual book sale.
New Castle County Library Polices
Polices & Forms